Hours: There are no restrictions on hours, it is always open to the public
Bathrooms: No restrooms are readily available at this location
Parking: Free street parking is available here every day of the week
Permission: Permission is NOT required to paint at this location
Located just east of the Lincolnville Historic District, this quiet lake is set among quaint houses and greenery. From the the southern end of the lake, artists looking north will be given a distant view of Flagler College’s towers, and artists looking to the south will see a scene of marsh grasses and oyster beds with the 312 Bridge off on the horizon.
From St. Augustine Beach / Davis Shores (East of Downtown)
- Head west across the Bridge of Lions toward Downtown St. Augustine.
- Turn left onto Avenida Menendez.
- Continue south along the bayfront and Avenida Menendez will bend to the right.
- After the bend, take the first left onto Marine Street.
- Continue south on Marine Street for .3 miles.
- Turn right onto South Street.
- Continue on South Street for two blocks to arrive at Maria Sanchez Lake.
From the intersection of US-1 and King Street (West of Downtown)
- Head east on King Street for .3 miles toward Downtown St. Augustine.
- Turn right onto Riberia Street.
- Head .7 miles on Riberia Street.
- Turn left onto South Street.
- Continue on South Street for five blocks to arrive at Maria Sanchez Lake.