GTMNERR North Beach Access Point
Address: 131 Old Ponte Vedra Dr, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
Hours: Open from 8:00am until sunset, every day of the week
Bathrooms: There is normally a portalet at this location
Parking: Parking costs $3.00 per vehicle for up to 8 people. The lot is paved.
Permission: Permission is NOT required to paint at this location
Within the Guana River State Park there are three beach access points available: a south, middle and north. Each provides a paved parking lot and a pathway to cross over to the beach. The North Beach Access Point is an excellent spot for artists, as it provides a wooden walkway with steps leading up and over the tall sand dunes and a high lookout point from which the Atlantic Ocean or Guana River can be seen.
Unfortunately, the parking lot which sits on the west side of A1A has very dense vegetation and no trails, so no ground-level viewpoints of Guana River can be found.
For more information, visit http://www.dep.state.fl.us/coastal/sites/gtm/
- Head east on the Vilano Causeway toward the Francis and Mary Usina (Vilano) Bridge
- Cross the Francis and Mary Usina (Vilano) Bridge
- At the stop light, turn left to travel north on Coastal Highway A1A
- Continue north on Coastal Highway A1A for 14 miles
- The GTMNERR North Beach Access Point will be on the left. A large white sign is posted at the entrance.
View these directions on Google Maps