Positioned at the northeast corner of the Education Center, the rain barrel will be seen from the parking lot and viewed by many.
- It will collect 55 gallons of free rain water at our peak wet season.
- It will be used to water our native wildlife garden, provide fresh water for our bird bath, and any other watering needs.
- It will provide an educational opportunity to promote water conservation.
- BUT it is big, blue, and plain so… they are having a contest!
- Mail, email, or stop in to submit your design! Please include the design on an 8 x 10” paper to the GTM NERR Environmental Education Center by Monday, April 16th, 2012. Design must incorporate the words “Rain Barrel” into the design. (Must be able to work on this scale and median)
- A panel of judges will narrow the entries to 3 designs.
- The top 3 designs will be circulated for a final vote.
- The winner will be announced on Friday April 20th with an anticipated project completion deadline to be Sunday, May 3rd.
- The artist and completed barrel will be featured in our monthly newsletter, and receive a GTM Research Reserve access and parking pass good for one year.